NTC Has Deficiency of 705 Employees to Sanctioned Strength

NTC Has Deficiency of 705 Employees to Sanctioned Strength

Islamabad (October 11, 2017):- Standing Committee of the Senate on Information Technology and Telecommunications meeting held under the chairmanship of Senator Shahi Syed and was attended among others by Senator Taj Muhammad Afridi, Senator Ghous Muhammad Khan Niazi, Senator Najma Hameed, Senator Abdul Rehman Malik and Secretary Information Technology and Telecommunications on Tuesday at Islamabad.
The members of the Committee asked the ministry and NTC officials to come up with a review on the service regulations which deal with the number of total employees, criteria of appointments and promotions and regularization policy of contractual employees. The committee was briefed that 80% of the budget of National Telecommunication Corporation (NTC) goes to administrative work and Human Resource matters leaving only 20% for other expenses and projects.
The committee was told that the organization has a sanctioned strength of 3055 employees and currently NTC has 2350 employees. The organization employees haven’t been able to get a pay raise for many years due to the percentage reaching up to 80%. The Committee expressed that posts are created and people are hired to serve the organization and if the purpose is not being achieved in terms of revenue and more efficient projects, then it should be revisited.
The Committee was told that a new Board of NTC will come into place soon and matters will take a smooth course. The members advised the ministry and NTC to look for more public private partnerships and development plans.

Views of the Workers:
On the other hand, workers of the organization (NTC), when contacted on the matter, told that Management hasn’t given any benefit to employees since long. Workers are waiting for revision of pay scales 2016-17 & increase in salaries as per budget announcement for financial year 2017-18. House Building Advance is still awaited for Management’s approval, Owing to deficiency of staff, workers are overstrained. Workers requested the Management for kind consideration on the said issues, consequently workers would be able to deliver more for the department.

No comments.

Leave a Reply